United has an award-winning Business Diversity Program within the communities where we live, work and fly. United has won numerous community awards including:
- LGBT Business Equality Excellence Award by Affinity Magazine
- Named one of America’s Top Corporations for WBEs (8th consecutive year)
- Named one of the 2019 Corporations of the Year by Women’s Enterprise Magazine
- Named 2019 NGLCC Best of the Best by the National Business Inclusion Consortium
United was also featured in publications throughout the country showcasing United’s efforts within the community:
- Chicago Minority Business Review (December 2012 cover story)
- Minority Business News (2011, 2012, 2013)
- Women’s Enterprise USA (2011, 2012, 2013)
- Crain’s Chicago Business/Chicago United (2016)
Our commitment to providing equal business opportunities will continue as part of our We Stand United commitment. This Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiative was launched in 2020 and provides an even more integrated approach for business diversity across multiple stakeholder groups. Business diversity represents our commercial partners pillar within the Collaborative Action team of We Stand United.
Our commitment to diversity and empowerment extends from our workforce and continues in our relationships with our suppliers. As a globally operating company with countless moving parts, we know the scale of impact we can make on local communities around the world by reaching out to suppliers of all backgrounds and sizes.
As we aspire to become a member of the Billion Dollar Roundtable by 2025, our expanded team of supporters will be highly instrumental in growing diverse-owned businesses within our program.
For more information about our Business Diversity program, please visit us here.